Sunday, March 20, 2005

Making the world a better place one cake at a time

I've had an exhausting 2 days leading me to spend most of Sunday either on sofa listening to the Archers or with the shutters closed my head under a pile of blankets with a migrane avoiding phone calls and feeling lousy.

I'm going to see Miss Hendrix-Cat on Tuesday for dinner and have promised to make dinner - specifially Elizabeth Luard's chocolate cake which is wheat free.

Recipe

melt 8 oz of dark chocolate and 4 oz butter together

beat mix 8 oz of caster sugar and 8 eggs together ( I used 7 as I wanted to make a quiche as well and couldn't be bothered going to Scotmid)

mix in 8 oz of ground almonds

she says cool the choc/butter mixture before mixing into the egg/sugar/almond thing but I was too impatient.

I added a capful of vanilla essence

put into cake tin. Preheat oven to gas mark 6 bake for 25 mins.

I made a big cake for Tuesday and a small one for now.

I used fair trade chocolate and sugar, organic butter and eggs. If I'd used organic almonds I really would be making the world a better place.

I feel so much better having made something with quality ingredients.

1 Comments:

At 10:58 PM , Blogger Tim said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Cake.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home