Wednesday, February 23, 2005


gum tree sydney

I'm trying to warm myself up. I was going to Portobello for a swim and massage and came home to a message from my massage therapist cancelling the appointment because she thinks she won't be able to make it into the city. I've got the central heating on, two jerseys and woolly tights and I'm freezing. I should run around the kitchen to warm up. The photo is a reminder of warmer times.

The snow fell as I waited for the bus this morning (it didn't turn up and I was 30 mins late). Everynow and again when I looked up from the computer I saw it was falling again. It isn't lying much in Edinburgh but still very cold and damp.

I've started a new temp job. I'm always wary of saying anything of where I'm working esp as temps have even less rights than The Woolamaloo Gazette. However there is a strange troll who likes German Band Music who lives in the basement of the organisation I'm working in so I was relieved today to be in department with windows and sitting processing things at a computer. I dashed to the bank and library this lunchtime the joys of being placed centrally and I'm sure will get used to the strangeness of being in workplace again.

I returned Murakami's Kafka on the Shore (overdue and requested) and got out a food memoir which I've forgotten the title of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home