Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Cooking properly

I had to meet someone about a project so went into town for 1pm. Good to have to get things done beforehand. Made me less tardy in the morning than I might have been.

Meeting eyeopening - we'd worked in an organization together 5 months before he told me several alarming things about what was going on while I was working there all of which entirely passed by me. I sometimes wonder when it comes to human interaction that I'm particularly dense. It also reminded me why I like temping as it means that you are less likely to get sucked into the politics of organisations.

However not all skanky office politics it turns out that a friend of this person has just been appointed the Lomo Ambassador for Scotland at which point I demanded to know why there wasn't one for the Independent Republic of Leith and put myself forward as candidate. I can put large piles of dodgy foreign chocolates on plates for social occasions if called for! Besides I need a job. My embassy will be small but cat friendly.

I came back from the meeting via St Johns Churchyard - cheered that the first snowdrops are flowering. I thought I might have to go and help out stuffing envelopes for the Urban Hermit's mother but the printer failed to produce the insert so I decided to cook properly. Kedgeree made with brown rice and mackerel followed by an apricot custard tart. I got the raisins for the kedgeree from a packet of mixed fruit and nut I got for christmas and I whizzed up the nuts to put into the short crust pastry and sprinkle on top. My phone went before I tried it out. It was my friend S from London as opposed to the friend S who despite being beaten up still hasn't gone to hospital to be checked out (men!). It was lovely to speak to her - my normal avenues of company have been removed since I decided to shake up my friendships. Now I have to deal with the consequences. Myself unadulterated.... no lodger currently and no cat though the Chavcat came visiting yesterday as I was going to the bank so I left him to it in the house and let him out on my return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home